TANDEM International, Paritaetisches Bildungswerk, FaDaF, FIYTO, ALTO
TANDEM Hamburg has been a recognised institute of further education in Hamburg since 1985. We are well known:
- for our modern foreign German language courses
- for a good, efficient and personal service
- for quality in further education
At TANDEM Hamburg, we have been supplying qualified language training in a friendly atmosphere for over twenty years. Our language trainers are professionals who make teaching and learning a lot of fun. So why wait? Join us now and see for yourself what a cool place this is!
Here the students learn in a small group with a maximum of 10 per class, supported by modern teaching materials and methods. Our German language course starts at your level. Our motto «More than language learning» is especially true regarding our language and educational travel projects as well as our special classes with a cultural program.
We have been approved by the quality control system «Weiterbildung Hamburg», and carry the seal of quality in further education. Our exceptional standards are monitored and assessed regularly. Furthermore, we are certified by CSN (Centrala studiestödsnämden) in Sweden for students who are planning on studying German as a foreign language abroad.
Self Access Study Centre
Audio / Visual Materials
Free WiFi Internet network
Student computers with Internet connection
A pantry for tea and coffee
Bycicles for rent
Piano for music students' practice
Au pair programy|
Kurzy pro podnikání / řídící pracovníky
Kurzy jako příprava na vysokou školu
Kurzy jako příprava na zkoušku
Kurzy jeden ku jednomu
Kurzy Plus (sport, kultura, ..)
Kurzy univerzitního základu/nástupu
| Kurzy za speciálním účelem|
Letní nebo táborové kurzy
Obecné a intenzivní kurzy
Prádzninové pobyty pro mladé
Prázdninové pobyty pro dospělé
Programy pracovních příležitostí
Programy pro seniory
Výuka jazyka přímo u učitele
* Groups: 4 - 10 participants
* Schedule: Monday to Friday: 10.00 am - 01.15 pm or 02.00 pm - 05.15 pm
* Courses: Standard Courses include 20 and Intensive Courses 24 lessons of 45 minutes each per week.
* Levels: A1 (Beginner), A2 (Elementary); B1 (Intermediate), B2 (Upper Intermediate), C1 (Advanced 1), C2 (Advanced 2).
* July and August: an extensive cultural programme accompanies your class.
TANDEM Hamburg is an accredited examination centre for TestDaF and for the European Language Certificates (TELC). TestDaF is a language test for foreign students applying for entry to an institution of higher education in Germany. If you pass, you meet an important prerequisite for studying at German universities. For German we offer TELC examinations from A1 up to B1 (Zertifikat Deutsch).
The acquisition of the TestDaF certificate is an officially recognised qualification of linguistic competence for entry into German universities and colleges of higher education. Our preparation classes include a free mock exam.
Our preparation classes - as a crash course (CK) or an evening course (AK) - prepare you best for the examination. Including a mock exam.
Crash Course (CK):
From 5 stud., 2 weeks, Mon-Fri 2.00 - 5.15 p.m.
Evening Course (AK):
From 5 stud., 6 weeks, Mon, Tue, Fri 6.00 - 8.30 p.m.
Our students come from all over the world, there are many Spanish, Japanese and Chinese students, followed by British, Americans and Eastern Europeans, and we are welcoming increasing numbers of South Americans and African people. The 'mixture' changes from one month to the next, but that's what you' always find: a lively mix.
We have an average number of 6 students per class; the minimum age is 17, the majority of our students are in their twenties and early thirties.
There's so much more to language learning than just learning German in a classroom situation. We are giving you the full package. Experience Hamburg and the Hamburgians during our cultural program in the afternoons and evenings. We are taking you to museums, art exhibitions, on guided walks, pubcrawls and outings to the Baltic Sea, the North Sea and other places of interest, as for example the old Hanseatic city of Lübeck.
Our Culture Programme with its wide range of activities takes place every week; as many activities are led in German, they give you further opportunity to practice and improve your knowledge of the language.
All activities are structured and guided by a TANDEM Hamburg «specialist» – come along and meet her!
Here's a quick glance to give you some idea of what we offer:
* Walk from the historical Fish Market in St. Pauli along the river Elbe to Jenischpark, picnic, football, etc.
* Guided sight seeing tour by bus, stopovers at interesting sites, followed by a walk through the old tunnel under the river Elbe (built in 1911) to the free port and back.
* «Town Quiz Hamburg-Altona»
The students are solving tasks in town in small groups, and are getting to know this part of Hamburg with a guided walk and talk on the history of the two «sisters» Hamburg and Altona.
* The pub scene in St. Pauli and Altona – pub quiz, disco and live music. See the Große Freiheit, where the Fab Four started their career.
* Visit to one of Hamburg´s top league football clubs «FC St. Pauli» or «Hamburger Sportverein» (HSV).
* Visit to Hamburg´s main theatre «Schauspielhaus», with a view behind the stage and curtains.
* Guided excursion to the concentration camp memorial of Neuengamme and its outpost at the school «Schule am Bullenhuser Damm».
Kurzy bez ubytování
| U učitele doma|
V bytě / apartmánu
V hostitelské rodině
At the hostel we partner with, there are full facilities for disabled students, accesibility is granted.
Pick-Up Service from the airport is arranged for an addional fee of € 50.00 one way; independent students sre advised to use the excellent public city train service directly drom the airport. You can go from their to Altona without having to change trains for a small fee!
We help you with questions concerning your visa - please enquire early enough.
Poslal Anouchka M. (Toulouse - France)
V červen 2009 - France
I've spent 3 months with them, and i really really, really recommend that school to anyone who wants to learn German, or take language courses! A friendly staff, great and so funny teachers, I felt at home when I was over there! and I do miss this special atmosphere!! Tandem Makes the words go round, because their Quality makes the difference! don't hesitate they are the Best! Trust me!